Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ndiswrapper

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    50

    ndiswrapper

    Hello again,

    Still having problems getting my USB Belkin Wireless Adaptor working. I believe that i need to use ndiswrapper to get it to work. My USB Adaptor is listed in http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...dex.php/List#B as working. It suggests using the *.inf and *.sys files installed in my windows install of it.

    When I run the GUI version of ndiswrapper from the K menu, when I select the *.inf file it just disappears and seemingly does nothing.

    If I run ndiswrapper in the Konsole the help for it says I need to type ndiswrapper -i infile.inf, so i type ndiswrapper -i /mnt/hda2/........../belkin/belkin wireless adaptor/myinfile.inf . when I do this it just acts as if i just typed ndiswrapper and brings up the list of switches you can use with ndiswrapper. when i type ndiswrapper -l to list installed drivers it says there are none, so it hasn't done anything!

    What should I do?

    Thanks very much!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8
    copy the .inf files locally, then try it.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    50
    Copy locally? I am running of the live cd, where do you mean?

    I have copied them into my windows c:\ drive to make the filepath shorter to type, but still nothing....

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    50
    Right, got it all working! I'm typing this from Kanotix... Yay!

    I'm sure this will work in Knoppix as well, as they are very similar...

    I ran ndiswrapper, it takes a while after clicking, but eventually it brings up a box saying wlan0 is working.

    Then I ran wavelan to setup my connection.

    Then I ran network card config to carry on setting it up

    Then I went to the KDE control centre and set up the WEP key there.

    On Kanotix, I took off the firewall to get it to work.

    Thanks for all your help everybody!

Similar Threads

  1. How to use ndiswrapper
    By 2k3autococker in forum Networking
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 08:20 AM
  2. NDiswrapper on 5.1.1
    By Protocol in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
  3. 'modprobe ndiswrapper' cannot find ndiswrapper module
    By Kaishain in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
  4. apt-get & ndiswrapper
    By cyph3r in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 08:22 PM
  5. ndiswrapper and mn-730
    By urbster1 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM picture

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM

$120.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00