-
Senior Member
registered user
mount of vfat device not case aware ...
for directory and file names.
when I mount my Firewire device as a VFAT one like this:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/sda -rw
I notice that I can not write full Upper case names for directory and file names (they are all changed to lower case)
Same thing happens when I use both upper the lower case letters
If I take the drive out of the encasing and plug it as a secondary one under windows I have no problem with it whatsoever
How do you fix this weird naming anomalie?
Albretch
Similar Threads
-
By fergus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
-
By Sandeep in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
-
By w0lfinator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
-
By papaz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:39 AM
-
By pc_dev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00