-
ndiswrapper
Hello again,
Still having problems getting my USB Belkin Wireless Adaptor working. I believe that i need to use ndiswrapper to get it to work. My USB Adaptor is listed in http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...dex.php/List#B as working. It suggests using the *.inf and *.sys files installed in my windows install of it.
When I run the GUI version of ndiswrapper from the K menu, when I select the *.inf file it just disappears and seemingly does nothing.
If I run ndiswrapper in the Konsole the help for it says I need to type ndiswrapper -i infile.inf, so i type ndiswrapper -i /mnt/hda2/........../belkin/belkin wireless adaptor/myinfile.inf . when I do this it just acts as if i just typed ndiswrapper and brings up the list of switches you can use with ndiswrapper. when i type ndiswrapper -l to list installed drivers it says there are none, so it hasn't done anything!
What should I do?
Thanks very much!
-
copy the .inf files locally, then try it.
-
Copy locally? I am running of the live cd, where do you mean?
I have copied them into my windows c:\ drive to make the filepath shorter to type, but still nothing....
-
Right, got it all working! I'm typing this from Kanotix... Yay!
I'm sure this will work in Knoppix as well, as they are very similar...
I ran ndiswrapper, it takes a while after clicking, but eventually it brings up a box saying wlan0 is working.
Then I ran wavelan to setup my connection.
Then I ran network card config to carry on setting it up
Then I went to the KDE control centre and set up the WEP key there.
On Kanotix, I took off the firewall to get it to work.
Thanks for all your help everybody!
Similar Threads
-
By 2k3autococker in forum Networking
Replies: 30
Last Post: 03-03-2007, 08:20 AM
-
By Protocol in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
-
By Kaishain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
-
By cyph3r in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By urbster1 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

SolarFlare XtremeScale X2522-25G-PLUS Dual Port 25G SFP28 PCI-E 3.1 x8 NIC FH LP
$899.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99