Need a very simple web and email terminal for my Mom, 70 yrs old. Installed ISP and router and discovered/installed Knoppix, but need someone to remaster and email an ISO image. I can PayPal (or a personal check in snail mail - or maybe some GENEROUS SOUL can email me an ISO for free!) Mom used WebTV but she is very limited with mouse and easily confused by excessive options and busy graphics. Ideally she simply turns on power and (eventually) has just an empty desktop except for Mail and Search. Zero maintenance (virus, spyware) and reliable operation (on duty I only travel home 2x a year) make CD boot an ideal solution, and Knoppix is the best I've found.

SYSTEM
Cheap Microtel PC 512MB ram
No hard disk, has CD/DVD ROM and 128MB USB drive for Knoppix config
Network Ethernet via Linksys router, no problems here.

CHANGES DESIRED FOR MOM
(1) Bypass confirmation "Hit Return Key to start Linux from CD"
(2) Bypass confirmation "Knoppix has found /mnt/sda1/knoppix.img" and use config file on USB drive sda1
(3) Bypass KNOPPIX INFO splash
(4) hide icons for cdrom, sda1, Floppy disk, Trash, Trash(from sda1) and KNOPPIX config file

KNOPPIX CONFIG HANDLES (without remastering the ISO)
Removes wallpaper and uses large icons, 26 px font,
Installs icons for Mail and Google,
Mail with 26 px font and large text under very minimal buttons
Saves Email address book and password for local ISP

OTHER
Menu bar at bottom of screen is okay, she learns to just ignore it.
Would help to hide drop-down menus.
Aviod need to double-click the mouse.
Email ISO image to [email protected] and I can access here with VPN
My (employer's) Win XP laptop is able to burn CD from ISO, not attempted a DVD.
I need to return to duty tomorrow, am negotiating to get until Friday.
If you already have or can make such an ISO for FREE, please email it today.
If you need to be paid: please email with a fixed price for the job.
I believe I can send Paypal, certainly a personal check.

Best Regards,
W.E. Payne
[email protected]
www.altair.org
phone USA 404 - 557 - 1298