-
Knoppix language change
Hi I'm new to Knoppix and Linux for that matter and am currently booted in knoppix but my problem is is that everything is japanese I know some japanese but not enough to navigate extremely well so I was wondering if in someway I could either temporarily make it in english or if there is a way to change a file and burn a new CD to make it always boot in english. I am currently running v.3.9. Any help would be appreciated!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Where did you get your copy of what you think is Knoppix??? There is an official ISO that comes up in English, and there is an official ISO that boots into German. But I've never seen a Japanese version. If you have managed to find a Japanese remaster and you don't speak Japanese, I would suggest that you not use it. You might be able to force English with the EN cheat code (see the wiki section of cheat codes). I know this works with the German version, but who knows what has been changed in a Japanese version? I would suggest getting a new fresh English copy of the latest ISO (you want the one with EN in the name). And I would suggest using BitTorrent to download it rather than getting it from a mirror. Use the Get Knoppix link near the top of this page to get started.
Similar Threads
-
By mowatmail in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM
-
By silentemotion in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-19-2006, 01:09 PM
-
By morpheus276 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 04:05 AM
-
By cluzterix in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:22 AM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00