Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I really thought Knoppix was different but it's not

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    da UP
    Posts
    14

    I really thought Knoppix was different but it's not

    Maybe I should have said better(you know...produce more of the desired effect)
    but I chose different.

    As I have progressed through the last 8 years with many distros I have always found that more recent certainly doesn't mean improved. I thought that was different with Knoppix. I think I started with 3.2 or something like that and just a few days ago my buddy d/l 'ed the latest for me cause when I popped in my new Audigy 2, sound quit. Now maybe you like making things work and so do I but not enough to spends days reading false threads or threads that are strict linuxspeak. So with the new 4.0.X whatever it is I got my sound back but my HARDWARE PCI USR modem support was dropped like rock( so was my 28.8 Sportster HARDWARE modem). I spent the last 2.5 days following all the threads and reading all the ditties and trying them out but nothing worked. Bummer. So unless some can tell me how to make my USR 56K 2977 modem work I'll just have to wait for a new distro.

    If you can help or had my problem and fixed it I'd love to hear from you just don't send me to this link or I'll barf.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ight=usr+modem

    I not slamming Knoppix I still like it I am just frustrated and I hope you puds will understand

    Thanks

    Quip Frok Qugat Frib

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    da UP
    Posts
    14

    eBay to the rescue

    Went to eBay and bought an external USR 56K for .99 cents + $8 shipping.
    It was even flashable to v .92

    I am now connected as they say.

    Quip

    It wasn't a painless install but it was easy to figure out compared to the internal nonsense. Now if I could only remember my password

Similar Threads

  1. Intresting Thought.
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:35 PM
  2. Thought this was interesting
    By nmcphillips in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95