Read this http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page: "Do not use "knx-hdinstall" anymore. "knx-hdinstall" is no longer maintained, use "knoppix-installer" instead."
ok well im doing a skool project on remastering knoppix. I cant use the hdd I have so I am trying to use a usb 1.0 external hdd. I have found plenty of information on how to do this on the hdd but not with an external hddd. it told me to but the command knx-hdinstall which we are supposed to use at the shell prompt but is coming up command not found. I have hit a wall with this failure and I am in desperate need of extreme help. I was very unfamiliar with this os which was a requirement to the project. any help on this command would be at the utmost greatly apppreciated. thatnks in advance.
Read this http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page: "Do not use "knx-hdinstall" anymore. "knx-hdinstall" is no longer maintained, use "knoppix-installer" instead."
um i tried that command also and that command still will not work, it doesn't take either of them
That's sound very strange and pretty impossibleOriginally Posted by the_noob
Be sure staying working on root-shell![]()
noob, yo;Originally Posted by the_noob
I am assuming you are running Knoppix 3.8 LiveCD. If you are not, get it and run it.
1. Start two Terminals (the icon between the HOME icon and the Konqueror WEB BROWSER icon).
2. In one terminal, type top and you will see running processes in a nice format.
3. In terminal two, type su
4. At the root@1[knoppix]# prompt type knoppix-installer
5. You will see knoppix-installer show up in terminal one.
6. In Terminal One, type q to quit top, then exit to close terminal one.
7. Wait a minute or so for Knoppix to analyze your hard disk.
You will see a window with Initialisation of Knoppix-Installation (v 0.3.19.12). You are on your way!

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99