Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Proxim Orinoco Gold

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3

    Proxim Orinoco Gold

    I want to apologize up front for this question since I've seen plenty of topics about this. I have a W-Card Orinco Gold (FCC ID=IMRPC2411B) running on Knoppix 4.0 but it doesn't get recognized. I've read topics about this card and ppl say Knoppix should pick the card automaticly. If I need to load a driver I wouldn't know how to. I am a Knoppix newbie and a fanatic. The more I learn it and undertand it the more i like it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    have you tried the wlanconfig? it usually finds most cards automatically.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3
    I have and it comes back with (bash: wlanconfig: command not found)

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37
    configure ndiswrapper first... try the drivers on the disk that came with the card first. then you can configure wlan.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3
    I'm trying to configure NDISWRAPPER to install the windows driver but, when I type the following I get an error. If you guys see that I'm doing something wrong you have my permission to Slapt me...PLAH!!

    root@tty1[#Ndiswrapper -i /mnt/hda2/gold/wlagsall.inf
    Installing wlagsall
    no vendor
    no vendor
    no vendor
    no vendor
    no vendor
    no vendor
    no vendor

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Magnolia, AR
    Posts
    1
    im having the same exact problem, genius21. ive tried to install this card in ubuntu, suse, mandriva, and now knoppix. same thing with all of them. its a real disappointment that i cant use what i thought was a fairly popular card in linux at all. everyone just comes up with the conclusion that its a hardware problem, as in my card is dead, but i keep reinstalling XP and downloading linux ISOs using the card so i know thats not it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 12:18 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 07:24 AM
  3. Proxim Orinoco Gold B/G Combo WLAN Card Compatibility
    By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
  4. Orinoco Gold B/G card and knoppix
    By xenoxaos in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:54 PM
  5. Enable WEP on Orinoco Gold
    By tslewe in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00