-
Knoppix 4.0 DVD - Network hangup on MSI-7025 integrated NIC
I have an intermittant problem with complete networking hangups during operation. I have an MSI-7025 K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard with two integrated nics.
What happens is - I can boot and use the live DVD for a time then networking capability is gone.
It is a dual boot machine and I reboot in to Windows XP and the network is still gone. Windows can't use the NICs either.
The only solution is to remove power from the box by switching the power supply off (not just shutting down). It's as if the nic goes in to complete latchup.
I have also seen this on a friend's system. Any ideas or updates that are available? I'd like to install knoppix but I'm afraid of this problem.
Jon
Similar Threads
-
By olddave in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
-
By redlair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By desanti in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By motthe3rd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By darkhanz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 06:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50