-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Compaq Presario 900

Originally Posted by
5han3
Any ideas? I checked some other posts and found:
linux nomce ide=nodma pci=biosirq
for RH but I'm not sure if there's a cheat for KNOPPIX as such (apparently the MCE is a known problem)
Also it appears that I've got some funky IRQ's
- Thanks
You can use those they are just parameter's that can be passed to the kernel at boot time it does not matter if it is Redhat or Knoppix(Debian) that you are booting. Also they are already included in the cheat codes page.
-
Still having troubles...
Hi - I have the same problem - EVO n1015v... I have tried booting with "knoppix -b" and that does give me a cl interface. However, when you said earlier to call "/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig &" is where I seem to get lost... I am not sure what command you are excecuting and where you are looking from there. I VI'd that file to look at it, but I am still pretty much a newbie, and am not familiar enough with linux commands yet... any further assistance you could provide would be hugely appreciated!
ps: the knoppix noaudio has the same results (after autoconfig, it hangs).. actually pretty much all the cheats i used have the same result so far...
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By micheles in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
-
By opmvz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By wapno1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 09:39 AM
-
By gabe66 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 01:47 PM
-
By Guest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro X10DRU-i 2U 12LFF 2x E5-2680 v4 128gb Ram 480gb SSD 2x Nvidia K80
$749.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99