Quote Originally Posted by Jectson
It looks good now! When I typed
ls -la /mnt/hda1
it listed up all the files in C: in windows. Only one problem now. hda1 is a locked folder, and when I try to accsses it, I get "premission denied". Any suggestions?
The way Knoppix works all of the commands that you typed should have happend automatically. My recommendation would be to reboot using the Knoppix CD and then try mounting the partition. That is, after reboot type this:
Code:
mount /mnt/hda1
Alternatively, undo everything you've done so far and then have Knoppix figure the mounting out. Specifically, type (or cut-and-paste) these commands into a terminal window:
Code:
dmesg -c >& /dev/null
true ; ( set -x
sudo umount /mnt/hda*
sudo rmdir /mnt/hda*
sudo rebuildfstab -r
cat /etc/fstab
ls -la /mnt/
mount /mnt/hda1
ls -la /mnt/hda1
dmesg
) >& result.txt
Please post the output from result.txt.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org