You could try a cheatcode:
onboard video can cause problems sometime.Code:knoppix xmodule=fbdev
Just tried to boot KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN on a system build around an Intel D945GNT motherboard with an Intel® 945G Express Chipset consisting of:
• Intel® 82945G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) with Direct Media Interface
• Intel® 82801GB I/O Controller Hub (ICH7) or 82801GR I/O Controller Hub (ICH7R) supporting Intel® Matrix Storage Technology
• Firmware Hub (FWH)
Graphics:
• Intel 945G Express Chipset with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Audio:
• Intel 945G Express Chipset
• Intel® High Definition Audio interface
• SigmaTel* codec
I get the error message:
error: no suitable x-server found for your card
And then I'm dropped at a root prompt. Same thing happens when I boot with an earlier Knoppix CD (v3.8.2 2005-05-05 EN).
It's a new PC, I just installed Fedora Core 4, with some problems, but much less severe.
Any suggestions please on how to proceed?
Cheers
Greg
You could try a cheatcode:
onboard video can cause problems sometime.Code:knoppix xmodule=fbdev

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
SwissGear Wenger Mainframe 16 Laptop Briefcase Black SKU 64038010 Excellent Cond
$33.95
IBM mainframe circuitboard untested condition
$120.00
IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)
$6999.99
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00