-
booting problem: apic error on cpu0: 02(02)
Hello!
I'm writing you because I can't get booting knoppix 4.0 on an AMD athlon xp 2600+.
I've tried several cheat codes but it doesn't work.
With failsafe debug -b 3 I'm getting the following error:
apic error on cpu0: 02(02)
Could you help me, please?
Regards,
Antonio.
-
noapic?
Sorry to ask the obvious question. It seems you must have tried
noapic
but since you did not specifically say so, I gotta' ask.
Do try to give detailed information as best you can. Even using a forum involves some learning. 
Otherwise, google for something like your question.
e.g.-- apic error Knoppix
and if that doesn't work, try other related words. I usually have a terrrible time hitting the right words to get the results I want.
-
Re: noapic?

Originally Posted by
irlandes
Sorry to ask the obvious question. It seems you must have tried
noapic
but since you did not specifically say so, I gotta' ask.
Do try to give detailed information as best you can. Even using a forum involves some learning.
Otherwise, google for something like your question.
e.g.-- apic error Knoppix
and if that doesn't work, try other related words. I usually have a terrrible time hitting the right words to get the results I want.
Off course I tried noapic. Off course I was searching info about the error in google.
Why do you thing that I'm a beginner user?
If I could try failsafe debug option, do not you think that if I was able to see the cheatcodes and to try them, I'm not a beginner user.
If I'm asking in the forum is because I can not find the solution either with the cheat codes or google.
I think before answer a question you should think about your response, and what it was the question.
Many times if a person asks in a specific forum is because he/she can not find a solution in the google.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try This
Sounds like BIOS config problems.
First try to avoid using the APIC bus:
disable SMP and UP_IOAPIC.
If your BIOS allows it, set interrupt mode to PIC not APIC.
If you still get these errors also disable UP_APIC.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By delfin13 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
-
By poirot in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2007, 03:40 PM
-
By Demus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 06:29 AM
-
By DJTOMCAT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 01:18 PM
-
By alexander in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09