Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Installing Knoppix 3.9 Question!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1

    Installing Knoppix 3.9 Question!!

    Hello,
    I just recently got my hands on an old 4 gig hard drive and Knoppix 3.9, and it's a Live-CD. I've read about installing it to your hard drive instead so you don't have to use the disk. I have the 2 hard drives in my computer, a 74.4 GB with Windows XP on it and my tens-of-thousands of files and songs and misc., and that 4 GB with nothing on it. Now, how do I install Knoppix on the 4 GB one and have Windows on it's existing? I want to be able to choose which OS (or hard drive :P) to boot to when I start up my computer. I'm just afraid of screwing something up and reformatting and losing everything on my 74.4 GB and installing Knoppix to it! Would I disconnect the main drive, boot knoppix using the cd and install it to the 4 GB drive because it's the only one that's connected at the time? If so... how do I install it? I read something about typing the line "knoppix-installer" somewhere, but I don't know where....Sorry if this sounds like a lot of rambling on, it's just hard for me to explain

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Read this and then click & read the links contained within http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Category...e_Installation

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
  3. Question about installing postgresql
    By MattT in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 04:23 AM
  4. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
  5. Installing VMWare 3.2 Client in Knoppix Question -
    By lindleyrl in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HPE 10GbE 2P SFP+ QL41132 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10GE 10Gb 10G OCP 3 picture

HPE 10GbE 2P SFP+ QL41132 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10GE 10Gb 10G OCP 3

$439.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00