-

Originally Posted by
foamrotreturns
I work in a public school too, and the price of Ghost client-server software is not nearly as prohibitive as the cost of a Mircrosoft site license.
Not in Belgium, the governement has made some agreement with Microsoft, we basicly pay just about €2 for every licence, adding to that we get a free licence for every brand computer we got (eg:a compaq, dell, ...). This works worldwide by the way, since all those brands have an agreement with microsoft and the licence is basicly included in the price of the computer. You just have to make a list of every brand pc you got, doesn't matter how old it is.

Originally Posted by
foamrotreturns
Knoppix can do what you are asking - it can map remote samba shares just fine. You'd have to set it up manually every single blasted time, however, and that would rapidly become a pain in the butt. I would suggest doing a remaster of the Knoppix CD and include a script that automatically maps your image share on boot.
Yeah, I already figured that one out, I just don't have a clue where to start with that. I just need a Knoppix cd stripped from everything I don't need. I just need a bootable cd with the all the networking stuff on it, with all the autodetection, ... and samba. Adding to that everything has to be scripted, so everything has to run without user interaction.
Does samba also make it possible to run DOS .exe's without a problem?
And again, where do I start? How do I do it? Where can I find more info? Has something like this been done before (can't really imagine it hasn't)?
Similar Threads
-
By toasterstrudle22 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-07-2009, 06:00 AM
-
By jsteveg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-22-2007, 12:47 PM
-
By nnigam in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2007, 09:38 PM
-
By sammiantha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
-
By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00