-
Is it possible to report the hardware detected?
Hi all
New to linux.
Is there a way to produce a report of the hardware that knoppix has detected? I have used the Kinfo Center program but there doesnt seem to be a way of exporting this info to a text file.
Many thanks
AlanC
-
Senior Member
registered user
here you have a a script to give you a extremly verbose description on what is on your computer, some things will be shown several times, as to what is detected and what works... that requires some knowledge, but this should give most info you likely need.
Code:
#hardwarescript.sh
#/bin/sh
true ; ( set -x
sudo su
lspci -vv
lsusb -vv
lsmod
ifconfig
iwconfig
cat /etc/fstab
fdisk -l
mount
dmesg
) >& result.txt
copy the text to a textfile called hardwarescript.sh save it in /home/knoppix and make it executable.
to make it executable you open a console, terminal... (it is the icon like a computerscreen) and issue the comand
chmod +x /home/knoppix/hardwarescript.sh
-
Hi OErjan
Thats great, I'll give it a try.
Many thanks
AlanC
-
see if you have l shw or apt-get it
lshw > hardware.txt the lspci -vv is nice
-
Hi rrk
I've tried to apt-get install lshw from knoppix but it can't find it to install. I have found the source on the programmers website. Is this likely to compile and run when I boot knoppix from CD?
Thanks
AlanC
-
lshw should be in testing
apt-get -t testing install lshw
-
Hi
I had to do an apt-get update before the command you gave me would work. It took quite a while to update. Any ideas? I thought I was using the latest knoppix. v4.0.2.
Thanks again
AlanC
Similar Threads
-
By Alexey931 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
-
By gstyle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-21-2006, 10:44 PM
-
By jsim1982 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
-
By iconfly in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-27-2003, 01:45 PM
-
By LinuxAmateur in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1U Server 5019C-WR X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 3.8Ghz 32GB RAM M.2 NVME X
$369.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99