and to complete this post : I had exactly the SAME hardware, with a Knoppix 3.7 HD-install : I also removed the CD Drive, and it happened quite the same thing :
/sbin/init 426....
kernel panic...
any suggestion ?
Hi
I just setup a Knoppix 4.0.2 on mu computer, on the SATA HD, with an IDE CD drive.
Everything boots fine, but as I want to remove the CD drive, to use it on an other machine, I can't boot anymore !! It makes a kernel panic, with this kind of eror message :
The HD is partitioned this way :Code:.......... ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:01.0[A] -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 18 e1000: eth0: e1000_probe: Intel PRO/1000 network Connection FATAL : Module sd_mod not found. umount: devfs: not mounted pivot_root: No such fil or directory /sbin/init: 432: cannot open /dev/console: No such file Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
-sda1 = swap 1 Gb
-sda2 = / 10 Gb
-sda3 = /home 10 Gb
-sda4 --> extended, shared into 3 parts
My grub menu looks like this (just FYI, as on other forums they directed me this way..):
If i plug back a CD drive, it boots againCode:title Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.12 Default root (hd0,1) kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off nomce vga=791 initrd /boot/initrd.img savedefault boot
Any idea ?
and to complete this post : I had exactly the SAME hardware, with a Knoppix 3.7 HD-install : I also removed the CD Drive, and it happened quite the same thing :
/sbin/init 426....
kernel panic...
any suggestion ?

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00