-
CramFS vs. ISO or other FS
Hi everybody, I would like to know it there is some advantages on using the cramfs for the klik images. I've read that cram filesystems doesn't support uid/gid (that could be an "advantage" I think) and it's limited to 256 mb per filesystem. In the other hand, someone could use other filesystems like the compressed ISO, which doesn't have that limitations. I'm using compressed ISO for the images but I would like to know if i'm wrong or even if someone knows of a better filesystem to use.
By the way, are klik developers aiming to get some kind of AppDir support directly avoiding the use of images? Does someone have any clue on how to make AppDirs run on the system? I've seen the probono patch on KDE but seems that it needs more work.
Thanks!
PD: I'm having good results with compressed ISO images.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2005, 02:26 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99