-
Networking with Mac OS X computers
I'm having trouble networking with a few Mac OS computers on the LAN I've got my knoppix machine running on. LEt me see if I can give all of the pertinent details.
This system is a salvaged Intel Celeron 1.1 GHz running Knoppix 3.9. It's connected via eth0 to a router on which reside an iMac and two Apple Laptops (I don't know their models, I'm not sure it's relevant to the problem).
I've been trying to get this computer and the Apple computers to connect to a Freeciv server being run on one of the machines, but whenever a connection is attempted between the Knoppix computer and the Macs, I get a "Failed looking up host" error". It's frustrating because this computer has internet access, and I can ping the other computers with no packet loss, but I can't see them or connect to them via games or the network.
Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By knew_guy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-20-2006, 12:26 AM
-
By ku637 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 08:26 AM
-
By sandgroper in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2006, 01:36 PM
-
By rail_man in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Networking
Replies: 43
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99