Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wireless Network on Intel PROset 2200

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4

    Wireless Network on Intel PROset 2200

    hi guys,

    I need some help in getting my wireless network setup on my laptop DELL 700m
    I have built-in Intel PROset 2200 and I am using Knoppix 4.02
    The KwifiManager reconginses my access point essid (netgear router which uses encryption WPA-PSK)
    But it does not show the MAC address of the router or the IP address
    I guess, i need to configure the WPA-PSK part

    Any HELP will be appriciated

    Thanks in adavance

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4
    I got it working now..............

    After searching on the net and read the man pages I found out that iwconfig does not support the key/password as string(passpharse)
    it has to be hex key. where as WPA-PSK only allows string

    I changed my router config to WPA Open system and 64bit hex encryption key(netgear)
    At the Terminal
    get in as root
    $ su
    type
    # wlcardconfig
    enter all the details essid, HEX password (not the passpharse), channel etc
    # pump -i ethx
    replace ethx withyour settings (eth0 or eth1 or ath0) type ifconfig at the terminal to find out
    And Thats it.. it worked....

    And i did no more intersting thing........
    I installed the Knoppix 4.02 on my 1GB usb drive
    this keeps the Microsoft windows XP as is on the laptop....
    All I have to do is plug in my usb drive boot the laptop with usb drive and knoppix kicks into life
    and I get 200MB of space on the usb drive to save my settings.......

    KNOPPIX IS GREAT

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
  2. ---networking with intel wireless 2200 b/g---
    By njz illest in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 05:20 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
  4. intel/xircom network card...almost there?
    By mabhatter in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 02:57 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS picture

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS

$179.85