I'm having problems mounting my NTFS partition, I only manage to do it logged on as root. I would like access to that partition from my normal user at the KDE desktop, one click. Cannot find anything about it. Anyone know?
I'm having problems mounting my NTFS partition, I only manage to do it logged on as root. I would like access to that partition from my normal user at the KDE desktop, one click. Cannot find anything about it. Anyone know?
Add a user statement to the partition in your /etc/fstab, like this:Originally Posted by morder
will mount /dev/hda1 at /mnt/win as NTFS partition. Replacing 'noauto' with 'auto' will automaticaly boot the partition at boottime. For explanation of syntax in fstab try "man fstab"./dev/hda1 /mnt/win ntfs noauto,user,exec 0 0
btw, could the bootscript create a human readable fstab? All these unaligned columns make you dizzy...
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
where:
/dev/hda1 is your ntfs partition
/mnt/hda1 is the mount point of said partition
ntfs is the partition type
noauto,users,exec,ro are necessary options
this is the really important part
uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix replace knoppix with your own username. if your username was bill, it would be: uid=bill,gid=bill
the 0 0 are options i'm not familiar with, but are necessary.
a warning: as of kernal 2.4.20 (the kernal knoppix installs) ntfs support is there, but writing to the partition can harm it, so don't.
i tore my hair over this myself until i checked a backup copy of fstab and found an entry where I only had to replace 'knoppix' with my username.
hope this helps!
*edit* can't spell, never could, especially at 4:20am

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
$280.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00