Hey guys,
Please excuse me ... I have now found a driver at ...
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
... and am going to try to install.
If it works OK, then I will post a notice here.
Sorry for the silly question.
Regards,
Alan Searle
I have an Asus Z92va notebook and have installed Knoppix 4.0 on the hard disk. Everything seems to work fine (including wireless LAN) but the system doesn't seem to want to recognise the soundcard (a ALC880).
I have tried various settings in the control centre (e.g. auto detect, OSS, ALSA) but always get the message 'no such device'.
The strange thing is that before I installed on Hard Disk, live booting recognised the card but refused to play any sound: In the information centre (with live boot) the soundcard was recognised with the following entries:
sound driver: 3.8.1a 980706
kernel: knoppix 2.6.12 #2
config option: 0
installed drivers: (blank)
type io: ALSA emulation
card config: HDA Intel at 0xfebf8000 irq 16
audio device: 0: ALC880 Analog (DUPLEX)
But these entries were blank with the hard disk installation. Strange?
Does anyone have any tips for me? Can adjust some settings to get this working? Or maybe download a driver? Or maybe, because the notebook is quite new, I just need to wait for a few months until a driver is produced?
And why does the Live Boot seem to recognise the card (even though it won't play sound) while the Hard Disk install does not?
Many thanks for your help.
Regards,
Alan Searle
Hey guys,
Please excuse me ... I have now found a driver at ...
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
... and am going to try to install.
If it works OK, then I will post a notice here.
Sorry for the silly question.
Regards,
Alan Searle

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00