On booting up, Knoppix correctly identifies my Philips 105E monitor and says
"Video adaptor = Vesa VGA"
"Using modes 1024x768, 800x600...etc"
With no cheat codes entered I get a totally scrambled screen, as if the horizontal or vertical syncs are wrongly set.
However, changing these to other (lower) values has no effect.
The only way I can get anything to display is using the cheat code xserver=XF86_SVGA.
But this shows hugely enlarged icons, with the "task bar" occupying the bottom 1/4 of the screen.
I have mucked about with all the other cheat codes, but I cannot get any further than this.

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU
$162.95
Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR338
$39.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
$210.00