-
4.02 DVD/CD disabling IRQ 15 hangs on looking for file sys
I've tried both DVD and CD and 4.02 will not boot on my old IBM I1400 laptop. 4.0 boots just fine. The system will show 10 "disabling IRQ 15's than scan for usb/firewire than it hangs on loading file system from dev dvdrom.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-
up
-
I'm guessing when knoppix disables my IRQ 15 my DVD-ROM in the laptop is no longer visable and that is why knoppix hangs? If this is the case, does anyone know of a cheat code to prevent knoppix from disabling the IRQ 15?
Thanks in advance.
-
I too am having this problem, though it is with 'accelerated knoppix'.
I notice your original post has 2 replies and 227 views, so I'm guessing others are interested.
A google search suggests ide controllers. I have tried many other live CDs and have not
had this problem before. In particular I've used knoppix 3.4, 3.6, and 3.7 with no problems.
Anyone know what's going on here?
-
Hi,
me too facing the same problem but i tried with acpi=off option in boot prompt it works fine for me.
Similar Threads
-
By bathat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-16-2006, 02:30 AM
-
By besnia in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 12:25 AM
-
By bardinjw in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 05:16 PM
-
By jabster in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 01:20 AM
-
By PuTzHeAd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00