-
Another linux n00b: Help with manual config of wireless
Hi peeps,
I will try to describe wht I have achieved and wht I am having problems with.
Im using the latest Knoppix distro.
I have managed to install the driver for my WG311v2 using the following instructions
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=wg311
My router is NOT using DHCP, which is where my probelms start. When I try to setup the connection manually using the lanmanager (damn i cant remember wht the apps name is) i dont know wht to input for some of the values. The ones which im stumped on are:
Broadcast Address (the MAC address of adapter ???)
Namesever (DNS address???)
I believe im setting the other values correctly, any input into wht i should be looking out for is very welcome.
Cheers
Similar Threads
-
By oliju in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2005, 05:51 PM
-
By N!co in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 06:57 PM
-
By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2005, 04:13 AM
-
By okeydokey in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 11:46 PM
-
By pcrage69 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 15
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 05:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00