-
Unable to write to /mnt/hda1
Hi !
I am new to Linux and am extremely delighted that Knoppix is avalaible to introduce newbies like us to Linux in such a user friendly way .
I have a problem however. I have a Windows XP box . I wanted to copy the SAM file from c:\windows\system32\config to my c:\ drive . As you may know that SAM file cannot be copied while Windows is running,so I booted up Knoppix from the Live CD and issued the following command at the terminal :
Code:
cp /mnt/hda1/windows/system32/config/sam /mnt/hda1
I now get the message : Unable to write to /mnt/hda1.
I also tried removing the check mark thats besides Read Only on hda1 but even that didnt help. I have noticed that I am unable to write to any of my drives while using Knoppix and get the same message.
Please help.
Thank You
Similar Threads
-
By kpfuser in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
-
By dcohen in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2004, 04:18 PM
-
By XeoNoX in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 05:44 AM
-
By Spacecube in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00