Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What BIOS settings do I need to run Knoppix?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2

    What BIOS settings do I need to run Knoppix?

    Hello, I'm new to the whole Linux community. I got tired of Windows, and its stupid limited resources. So I got a knoppix disc. On my old Windows 998 computer, I have the BIOS setup thingy up, but I can't figure out how to do this. I put the cd rom drive as the first boot, but it's still starting windows. Please help me!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    The answers to your question are contained in answer #1.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks, but I know what the problem is now. You see, I'm one of those people who live where all you can get is dial-up. But my friend and I are very close to the system administrator at our school, so we downloaded Knoppix on the school's LAN. But my friend burned the disc wrong, soooo yea. I know whats wrong now.

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive BIOS settings: Windows vs. Linux
    By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 08:23 AM
  2. Is it possible that knoppix reset my BIOS to PNP=YES?
    By paranerd in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:26 AM
  3. Changing BIOS settings
    By clayfaris in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM
  4. Install Knoppix with Bios Bootloader
    By Capiora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
  5. Knoppix on a BIOS
    By Buttersoft in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00