I was having endless problems booting with the latest downloaded/burnt Knoppix 4.0 CD. After some Googling, etc, I eventually sorted out the problem.
The problem was the firmware in my Benq DW1640 CD/DVD Writer and ALL the problems (even hardware detection) were sorted out by doing a FIRMWARE UPDATE, strange as it may sound. Unfortunately I had to use WinXP to do the flashing![]()
Just for those who may be using the same drive and also experiencing problems![]()

1962 Computer Handbook Analog Computers Vacuum Tubes Vintage Computing
$29.00
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$32.00
Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119, Vintage, Logic & Analog boards + PSU Recapped
$850.00
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00
1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00
Vintage HippoVision Video Digitizer Atari ST Hippopotamus Software Cartridge
$99.95