Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: retry... the easiest way

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2

    retry... the easiest way

    Hello there !

    I've succesfully remastered Knoppix thanx to the excellent Howto on this site. But... Stupid as I am, I forgot to include some stuff that I would like to have on my remastered version (also, setting the default keyboard to belgian didn't work out as I hoped it would). Now, do I have to restart from zero or can I pick it up somewhere halfway ? I mean, all the files are still on the harddisk. Can I chroot again to the /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX dir ? I suppose I should remove some stuff too (/mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX maybe ?). If it's easier to restart from scratch plz tell me, ....

    Thnx,

    GuineaPig

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Yes, you can carry on and just chroot back in there

    When you make the CD it doesn't change any files so there's no need to start again.

Similar Threads

  1. Whats the easiest way to boot to a command line?
    By ExtremeHobo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 12:23 AM
  2. The easiest kernel install yet and no xfs patch either!
    By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 03:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$81.39



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00