Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: KDEBLUETOOTH blocking other software

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    42

    KDEBLUETOOTH blocking other software

    My Knoppix-Debian server has on it a package called KDEBLUETOOTH. I don't know why it's there; I assume it came with the basic Knoppix installation. There is no Bluetooth device on the server, nor ever likely to be.

    Recently, every attempt to update anything on the machine fails with error messages about KDEBLUETOOTH. The problem is, I can't remove it either. This is what I get:

    Removing kdebluetooth ...
    dpkg-divert: mismatch on divert-to
    when removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock_nobt by kdebluetooth'
    found `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'
    dpkg: error processing kdebluetooth (--remove):
    subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    kdebluetooth
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    RESULT=100

    I've tried everything I can think of - including apt-get remove kdelock-knoppix, but that gives the same message that KDEBLUETOOTH needs something.

    I don't want to have to wipe the machine and start again but it's soon going to be necessary. Even then, I can't use Knoppix because I fear I'll end up in the same place again.

    HOW do I get rid of KDEBLUETOOTH?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Have you looked to into using the command dpkg and one of its command line options "-f" to force it?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    42
    I've tried dpkg --remove kdebluetooth and get the same error-message as above. I've not found a dpkg --force command to remove software - I'm not a guru in this sort of stuff. Linux is a bit like secret code - I have a folder with useful tips, getting fatter all the time, but it's a bit like pushing snowballs uphill.

    I've browsed deeply, and found lots of other folks with this same problem. None of those seems to have found a fix, either. None reports "I cracked it!.

    Sounds like it's a "feature" to live with, or go back to WIndows 2000.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    kdebluetooth blocking upgrade of KNOPPIX 4.0.2

    I edited the file /var/lib/dpkg/info/kdebluetooth.postrm, commenting out the dpkg-divert lines (29 & 30). Seems to have done the trick.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

    KDEBLUETOOTH blocking other software

    "Sounds like it's a "feature" to live with, or go back to WIndows 2000."

    How about trying one of the some hundred odd distros meant to be installed for desktop use:
    http://shots.osdir.com/

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    36
    search for all bluetooth and comment with # in those lines.
    i deleted the file itself for installing new softwares.
    probably knoppix intented it to be used as is live cd.
    once that lock is removed it will do but problems can come with unoptimised installation.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4
    I managed to fix the very same pb:

    apt-get remove kdelock-knoppix kdebluetooth

    you mentioned having tried a similar command
    but the trick is to re-enter this 3 times so that it stops at different stages
    and eventually succeeds!

    good luck,
    Jay

Similar Threads

  1. Root privilages for p2p IP TABLE blocking firewalls for Linu
    By kidsatacrux in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 07:10 PM
  2. disable kdebluetooth?
    By Mr.Digimon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 01:07 PM
  3. Apt-get und kdebluetooth entfernen
    By knorpelix in forum German Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 09:35 AM
  4. kdebluetooth depends on xmms
    By under in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 01:46 PM
  5. kdebluetooth
    By Kevins27 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99