-
Saving configuration on CD boot
Heya,
I know that Knoppix uses a litle bit of DS to contain some basic information such as booting and desktop incs etc, it's all in /ramdisk I believe. Now the problem is that everytime I boot, I seem to be loosing all my config data. Examples are: The time settings, keyboard configuration, proxy settings, etc ...
Does anyone know if there's a way to store this kind of information on my hd ? Oh, something else, I really don't want to store the whole sys on my HD that would be an easy solution, but it's not really what I'm looking for.
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can use the persistent home off the knoppix menu to create a /home on the HD. Then use the home= cheat code when you boot.
-
I have a small .pdf file which may be of assistance to you in this respect. Send an email to me at:
ewen.b(nospam)@a1.com.au
and I'll send you a copy. It is quite easy to save your config to the hard-drive and recover it on each boot.
Similar Threads
-
By politelyerased in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 11:56 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By djenner in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
-
By plus1hdcp in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By Eradicator in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00