-
Harddrive, sda, problems.
I am trying to safe some files on my harddrive, with knoppix 4.0, because win xp won't boot up cuz a file is missing or corrupted. But I am a total newbe on knoppix and linux. I have searched around the forum and tested a lot, but nothing has worked.
I have two harddrives one each 74gb and one extern USB 200gb disk. On the desktop in knoppix I can se, CD-ROM, Floppy, KNOPPIX.desktop, sda, sdb, sdc1 and trash.desktop. I can start and se the files in sdc1, that is the USB harddrive. But when I'm going to open the other harddrives, sda and sdb, it says that "Could not mount device. The reported error was: mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified". I need to get files from the harddrive and move them to the USB drive so I can format the harddrive.
Is there someone that have any suggestion on what I can do to get the harddrives mounted?
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Gwindow in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-10-2008, 02:52 AM
-
By jacksonon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 03:07 PM
-
By fnofftbl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 11:30 AM
-
By osiris_22 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:07 AM
-
By Isaacav2 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 10:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

(2) Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10G SR SFP+ Transceiver Modules 10-3105-01 - Genuine
$32.88

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

NEW Sealed, 100% Genuine CISCO GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP RJ-45 30-1410-04 Module v04
$38.00