Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Desktop hard drive icons?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32

    Desktop hard drive icons?

    Hello

    I have 2 questions:

    (1) How are created desktop hard drive icons?

    (2) Why they are not localized for my language (pl) - boting with option knoppix=pl (but K menu is localized - pl)? Where can I change it to my language?

    I am using Quantian 0.7.9.1 - Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD

    Help please

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Desktop hard drive icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmartin
    (1) How are created desktop hard drive icons?

    (2) Why they are not localized for my language (pl) - boting with option knoppix=pl (but K menu is localized - pl)? Where can I change it to my language?
    1. /usr/bin/mkdesktopicons

    2. This is Mr. Knopper's own file and he can't speak all the languages in the world
    Anyhow, you can add yourself an new tralslaition, e.g.
    Name[fi]=Kiintolevy [$d]

    Be very careful with this. Don't remove [$d] because it brings you partition number.

    This file also contains actions for DVD and CD.

    In spite of goodies this file brings you, I have myself removed the whole thing because I don't want any extra icons in my desktop


    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32
    Thank you very much -tapsa-.

    I got one more question: how can I localize Trash and Floppy Disk.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmartin

    I got one more question: how can I localize Trash and Floppy Disk.
    They are in /home/knoppix/Desktop direcotory. Just add Name in your own language, e.g.:
    Code:
    Name[fi]=Roskakori
    With different versions of KDE has sometimes been problems with Trash Can. I mean that there has been two trash cans but the other one can't be emptied. In my remastering I have deleted Trash subdirectory from /Desktop and it seems to work. I mean I have only trash.desktop in /home/knoppix/Dekstop.

    -tapsa-

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32
    Thank you very much tr. It works!

Similar Threads

  1. Removing Desktop Drive Icons / Saving Changes
    By marilbil in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 03:40 AM
  2. desktop full of hard drive icons
    By Lion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 10:45 PM
  3. Remove drive icons on desktop
    By GuyLeDouche in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:42 PM
  4. Hard disk icons not created on desktop nor fstab
    By ottod in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 02:04 AM
  5. Desktop drive icons
    By Tortoise in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50