i was using 2.1 i think, with me old box... (which is sadly dead now *sob sob*), and it worked fine...but i think i had a different kernal... the 4.0.2 knoppix cd... should support it... because its more... beefy... if thats a word...
have fun...
Hello,
I am running a HD install of knoppix 3.4 and it is not detecting my 24 bit soundblaster card. Does anyone know if this card is supported in 3.4? I am using the 2.6 kernel if that helps. I actually got stuck with this card because I wasn't paying attn when i ordered it for a friend's old Dell computer that I was upgrading. The card wasn't supported by the pentium 3 so I swapped it for the 16 bit soundblaster in my own computer. It works fine in windows but not in Knoppix. I would also like to ask if knoppix 4.0.2 would support this sound card as I am planning on upgrading soon.
i was using 2.1 i think, with me old box... (which is sadly dead now *sob sob*), and it worked fine...but i think i had a different kernal... the 4.0.2 knoppix cd... should support it... because its more... beefy... if thats a word...
have fun...
Thanks Chris, or would it be Harry? hehe kind of like Peter Chris, not sure which should come first. Anyway, I'll give er a try.
Just now noticed I was in Hdd install, meant to post this in hardware forum. Been looking for the darn post all morning![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00
*Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3 Network Security Firewall Appliance* Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3
$64.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
$170.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99