-
HDD Mount Problem
Hi I'm new user in Linux and have a big problem.After install Knoppix 4.0 everything is working fine without 1 thing.When I click icon on my NTFS partition which is 30GB I recieve a following error- Could not Mount Device.The Reported error was:
mount:wrong fs type,bad option,bad superblock on dev/hda5, missing codepage or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so.
I have 3 partitions on my HDD.One is Linux ext3,second is Swap partition and the third is NTFS.My question is :why dosen't work?
Thank you for help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi there! The first thing you should do is learn how to mount drives using the command line.
Let's make a mount point for the filesystem:
mkdir /mnt/hda3
and then we mount the drive:
mount -t ntfs /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3
I have the feeling that your NTFS partition is not the #5 partition, because you have said there are only 3 partitions in total. Try hda3 and see if it works.
-
Ok I do this but still can't find my NTFS partition anywhere.
In Konqueror media:/ I see:
CD-ROM (cdrom) Unmounted CD-ROM
DVD (dvd) Unmounted DVD-ROM
Floppy (fd0) Unmounted Floppy
Hard Disk (hda1) Mounted Hard Disk Volume
Hard Disk (hda5) Unmounted Hard Disk Volume
In konsole have this:
root@KHost:~# mkdir /mnt/hda3
root@KHost:~# mount -t ntfs /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda3,
missing codepage or other error
(aren't you trying to mount an extended partition,
instead of some logical partition inside?)
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so
When I try - dmesg | tail I see this:
root@KHost:~# dmesg | tail
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).
lp0: console ready
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
NTFS driver 2.1.22 [Flags: R/W MODULE].
NTFS-fs error (device hda3): read_ntfs_boot_sector(): Primary boot sector is invalid.
NTFS-fs error (device hda3): read_ntfs_boot_sector(): Mount option errors=recover not used. Aborting without trying to recover.
NTFS-fs error (device hda3): ntfs_fill_super(): Not an NTFS volume.
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev hda5.
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev hda5.
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev hda5.
Note:The NTFS partition is formated in Windows XP-full format
-
After this I try same command with hda5 and it's worked but when I try to access the hard drive I see this:Unable to enter:you don't have access rights to this location.What command is to unlock the drive or something?
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By Fimble in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
-
By ILoveKagome in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2007, 11:58 PM
-
By jjj in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-08-2006, 01:48 AM
-
By jdota in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By Tony Magon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00