Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Starting X

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Starting X

    Hi There,
    I am trying to load 3.1 on my box but X will not start I get an error not seeing my card.I have cirrus logic 5446 card and an AOC CM335 monitor.Can anybody help please?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Starting X

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTempler
    Hi There,
    I am trying to load 3.1 on my box but X will not start I get an error not seeing my card.I have cirrus logic 5446 card and an AOC CM335 monitor.Can anybody help please?
    First thing - try updating to 3.2 it should have greater hardware compatibility. Post back if you are still having problems.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Knoppix 3.1

    HI aay ,
    I got this copy free with a magazine (too good to be true).I have tried different cheats but no luck.I wondered if there is a way to start X in a lowres mode...Was informed that my card was vesa vga but all I get is blurred screen....
    Any ideas?

    Thnks Dave

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Knoppix 3.1

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTempler
    HI aay ,
    I got this copy free with a magazine (too good to be true).I have tried different cheats but no luck.I wondered if there is a way to start X in a lowres mode...Was informed that my card was vesa vga but all I get is blurred screen....
    Any ideas?

    Thnks Dave
    What cheat codes have you used? Have you tried knoppix xserver=XF86_SVGA xvrefresh=60 vga=normal maybe even screen=640x480 in there too.

Similar Threads

  1. starting from scratch
    By Tomster in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 12:56 AM
  2. Trouble Starting X
    By bayers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 05:17 AM
  3. First Starting Up
    By brlund in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:19 AM
  4. auto starting NIS
    By fkbangun in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:33 AM
  5. KDE not starting
    By cp2302 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro SYS-6019P-ACR12L 2x Xeon Silver 4110 2.1GHz 0GB RAM 1U Rack Server picture

Supermicro SYS-6019P-ACR12L 2x Xeon Silver 4110 2.1GHz 0GB RAM 1U Rack Server

$499.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00