BTW, I tried backing up her stuff by adding her to the network and starting a samba server, but for some reason Knoppix will not recognize her ethernet card.
Hi all -
I'm trying to fix a laptop using Knoppix 3.3. I'm trying to back up her documents using an external USB CD-RW device. Is there any way Knoppix can identify and use this device?
BTW, I tried backing up her stuff by adding her to the network and starting a samba server, but for some reason Knoppix will not recognize her ethernet card.
Knoppix V3.3 is 2 years old & used the 2.4.x series kernel so it is not surprising that it might have problems with hardware such as USB drives. Knoppix V4.0.2 CD/DVD is the latest release & if possible, I would recommend using it instead of V3.3

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro X10DRU-i 2U 12LFF 2x E5-2680 v4 128gb Ram 480gb SSD 2x Nvidia K80
$749.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00