-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks Harry for your help.
So downloading and burning CDs is always problematic under standard Knoppix? And there's no fix to make it possible?
This is turning into an ordeal... The problem with net installations is that I have to issue a command to change the MAC address of my ethernet card. (Yes, I know ideally I should have a router, but right now I don't.) Does the Debian net install give access to a Bash command line before attempting a network connection? This wasn't possible for the net install of Suse.
When I tried a net install of Ubuntu (which is basically Debian, right?), I didn't even get that far. I got an error ("Permission denied") when trying to run ./debootstrap. I have no idea what I am doing with Debian, and searching on this error produced nothing.
At this point I am just looking for the path of least resistance to a HD-installed Linux. It's in order to keep my sanity. Downloading and burning a user-friendly distro looked like the best idea, but even that turns out impossible...
Thanks for more pointers, I do appreciate you helping me.
Similar Threads
-
By abittner in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
-
By hero92 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:22 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:36 AM
-
By Cyazares in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By ramrom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99