-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
rollo11
Thanks for that, I have noted it. But I want to download and burn Kanotix!
Kantonix, being a Live CD, is not what you indicated that you wanted to do above.

Originally Posted by
rollo11
What do I need to do to make this work? All I am trying to do is download an .iso long enough to burn it.
Well, one thing that would help would be to be running a real hard disk distro. Then the ram disk issue would not hit you. Once you had Debian installed you could download and burn Kantonix and all the other Live CDs that you like.

Originally Posted by
rollo11
PS - Harry: Debian is probably not ideal for me. As you can see here, I can't even download a file under Knoppix.
PS - OErjan: Net installs are probably out - if you remember, I have an issue with my ethernet card which complicates things.
I'm not clear why Debian is not ideal for you, since Knoppix is basically Debian with a lot of extra packages loaded, many of which you will never use. OK, it's a mix of different Debian flavors that often causes people problems if they add or update anything, but that only favors Debian, not Knoppix.
Forgive me for not remebering all discussions or knowing what your ethernet issue is. Yea, that might be a problem, but I don't know what the issue is and it doesn't sound like you have tried Debian to know if it would be an issue or not. By the way, I have an 8.03 meg "mini.iso" file sitting on my hard drive and burnt to a CDRW on another system right now. It boots fine for me, discovers my network and configures itself, and lets me download and install my choice of the Debian Stable, Testing or Unstabe versions from a wide variety of download servers.
I do think you should be able to download files to your Linux partitions, but if you are not able to do this or the Live CD insists on writing them to a temporary file on the ramdisk first, then it might be wiser to use the Line CD to download something useful.
Similar Threads
-
By abittner in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
-
By hero92 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:22 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:36 AM
-
By Cyazares in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By ramrom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00