Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: wifi, pppoe

  1. #1

    wifi, pppoe

    Knoppix live CD 3.9, kernel 2.6.11,
    Knoppix is working from the cd – it is not installed on the hard drive.

    Wireless network card isn’t supported with linux drivers.
    In order to use the card I’m employing ndiswrapper.

    After the card is installed I’m connecting to my ISP’s Access Point.
    Dynamic IP is provided by DHCP.

    And here I’m in a bush.

    ISP require login and password.
    I’m using „ADSL/PPPOE configurationâ€?.
    It’s discovering PPPoE Access Concentrator on wlan0, and making changes to dsl-provider file,
    everything without any problem. I have to type login and pass and click OK. few times and it is done even with information that ppp0 is triggered but basically is not working.
    After typing in the text mode as root „pon dsl-providerâ€? Knoppix will return

    Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded
    /usr/sbin/pppd: In file /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider: unrecognized option 'wlan0'

    If I will type ifconfig wlan0 is listed and I can see that IP, and proper ssid is assigned.

    I will appreciate any help or suggestion, tks.

    Konrad

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    You are running wifi, or at least trying to (I do have one card that works with Knoppix but many that do not). So why are you mucking with pppoe software? Presumably your wifi card is connecting to a wireless router (I didn't quite catch just what that hardware make and model is). As long as you are using a normal wifi router, it will take care of all of the pppoe stuff and log into the ISP, get it's internet IP asddress and other configuration information. It will then hand out private NAT IP addresses to it's clients, including you. You don't need no stinkin' pppoe software.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3

    not my AP, pppoe to logon over wlan0

    This is not my private wifi router (i.e. at home for my dsl connection) this is the router that belongs to my ISP. So, wifi is just used to connect to ISP. And then when I’m connected I have to logon. Router will assign me ip dynamically, then over established connection I have to logon with pppoe (I’m doing this with windows and it’s working).

    If something is still not clear pls let me know. And sorry for my English

    Konrad

Similar Threads

  1. PPPoE server
    By arroba in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 03:35 PM
  2. pppoe, wifi, wlan0
    By konrad.gajda in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 08:36 AM
  3. pppoe problem
    By varaahan in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 01:15 PM
  4. pppoe problem
    By anappoly in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 02:51 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99