Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: xhcat - Segmentation fault

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122

    xhcat - Segmentation fault

    I am running knoppix v3.8, and I am having a problem with xchat. Whenever I open xchat from the kmenu, and configure my nick and user name, and select an irc server to connect to, the program begins to connect, but then the window and the applications close with no displayed error message. I then decided that I would try to open xchat via terminal, and when I do, I configure the nick, and user id as I did when accessing it from the kmenu, and I click conncect, and then the program exits and this is displayed on the terminal window
    Code:
    Segmentation fault
    Any ideas as to what that means, and how I can fix it

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    Well, I'm suspecting the problem could possibly be caused by me running v3.8 of knoppix on the live cd and not on my hard drive. Since the error that I get is a Segmentation Fault does this mean that when I change the nick, that xchat is attempting to save that change to a file on the cd which is read only and could conceivable cause a segmentation fault (attempt to access memory that the application does not have permission to use) would the problem be fixed if I created a persistent home directory, or would that not have any bearing on the problem since xchat is not stored in the home directory on the cd.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    So...........is my topic ubernoob, I notice that there are no replies, does this mean that it is likely to be cause by a problem w/ my setup? is the xchat problem inherent in the live-cd of knoppix 3.8, could someone at least tell me if they have had a similar problem, and if xchat really does try to write to the cd when you set up you nick, am I really the only one who has this problem?

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by dvryknopper
    ..........is my topic ubernoob,...?
    No. I suspect that the lack of replies reflects that not many users here use xchat.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Segmentation Fault after apt-get upgrade
    By pegasus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 05:08 AM
  2. LS Segmentation Fault?!
    By Keilaron in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 05:07 AM
  3. 3x apt-get install -> Segmentation fault
    By reviczky in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 05:03 PM
  4. segmentation fault
    By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 05:33 AM
  5. Segmentation fault with Qgo
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



HPE 10/25G SFP28 2P MCX562A-ACAI OCP3 NIC Network Adapter 2 Port 10GbE 25GbE 25G picture

HPE 10/25G SFP28 2P MCX562A-ACAI OCP3 NIC Network Adapter 2 Port 10GbE 25GbE 25G

$485.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99