-
Senior Member
registered user
Remastering new Knoppix 5 DVD
Hi all!
There's many of us that wants to remaster new Knoppix as soon as possible, but what is the best and easiest way to do that with DVD?
I have made remastering of Knoppix CD with Farian Franz's menu based scripts but have never tried to remaster Knoppix DVD with two cloop images. I have also made a DVD myself but only with one cloop under 2 GB.
I like menu based scrips but how to change them for DVD remasterings? So I think that I must learn an other method but what? There seems to be so many different methods but what is the best?
There is some thing that I thinks remastering scripts should do automatically:
- purge temp and cache files
- purge system specific files
- delete user's own personal information
- purge hidden files at least from /root
- create a compressed file system
- create isofs
Could some or all of these tasks be done with Fabian Franz's scripts?
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
I found this link where Klaus talks about how to split the two compressed files. He said that it should "perfectly scriptable" . I don't think that I could write the script. But I hope it helps.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00015.html
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
nvgringo
Thank you for the link. I think Mr. Knoppxer said that mkisofs should be used with -m option to exclude separately directories which are in cloop0 and cloop1 images. This is clear to me and there can be made two separate script for both images by modifying a script from http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
Is this so simple that you install everyting as before but separate directories by mkisofs -m option which goes to KNOPPIX (cloop0) and KNOPPIX2 (cloop1)? And everything is joined together in minirt.gz and using unionfs.
Hope Fabian would make some changes to his good remaster scripts to include more than one cloop device.
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think that is is that simple. The question I have is how do you exclude files in the /usr directory for each cloop file? and which files must be in KNOPPIX. Shouldn't the KNOPPIX file be almost Identical to the original on the remaster? It has everything that is needed to boot. And it is alread full. With the exceptions of updates(that are the same size) and changes to the configuration files. Shouldn't the KNOPPIX file remain mostly in tact? Most of the new programs would need to be in the KNOPPIX2 file. The thing is since the two (KNOPPIX) files are merged at boot up how can you tell which (KNOPPIX) file contains what /usr files on the original?
Similar Threads
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:24 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By Madus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
-
By gtgoku in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 02:55 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Digital Movie Poster ( USB-flash drive)
$100.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99