-
Windows 2000 Registry & Restoring it with Knoppix
Windows 2000 on my laptop said it couldn't start because a file was missing or corrupt. After some research, I figured out what the file was (my registry) and how to fix it (I have a backup on my hard disk). The problem is, Knoppix doesn't recognize the directory (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG) I need to put it in as a directory, but as a file. Also, Knoppix does not recognize the directory that contains all the files I need to back up if I were to start clean with a new Windows install. Now when I tried to boot using the Windows 2000 Installation CD and use the Recovery console, it says ACCESS DENIED when I try to go into any directories or do anything with any file. Also, the recovery console does not prompt me for which Windows installation I want to log into. In other words, it won't recognize the Windows installation. Before, it would allow me to do this, but at the time I didn't know yet how to fix my problem. I used Knoppix and was able to go online and find out, but after that I started getting ACCESS DENIED messages. Any ideas on how I can either get Knoppix to recognize those directories, or get the recovery console to allow me access, or any program that would let me either back up my files or fix the registry? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By jl in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-21-2005, 06:10 PM
-
By kaplan71 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
-
By adkmom in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 04:34 PM
-
By viggooo in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

SFP-10G-LR NEW
$180.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Neterion X3110 10GbE Server Adapter
$29.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99