-
Harry
Well, the lightbulb turns on! Indeed I was expecting that the existing programs would run, but silly me.
What I want to do is scan the whole HD for viruses and adware that may be slowing things down. It takes forever to boot and change programs and I worry that there may be some badguy lurking where the usual Norton and Spybot cant detect. Thus my interest in knoppix to scan from CD while the HD is not in use.
May I assume there is a program or two on the Knoppix disc to help me?
Many thanks for your thoughts.
JB
Similar Threads
-
By smhall05 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
-
By babelbrennt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 11:24 PM
-
By alanblundellxx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2005, 12:01 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By folio in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00