-
Senior Member
registered user
DHCP on specific IP address range
I encountered a problem with the DHCP IP address assignment on my setup.
I have 3 pcs connect to a wireless router. Two of them running windows xp using wireless connection. The last one run the knoppix 4.0.2. One of the windows Xp machine is always on for either downloading or running some internal programs.
The problem I have is by the time I boot up the knoppix machine, it sometimes will use the same IP address as the windows xp machine and causing the abend of the programs in the windows machine.
My router has the DHCP server in there and suppose to assign unused IP address dynamically to any PC connect to it.
I just wonder if there is any method I can control on the knoppix box when it asks for an IP address from the DHCP server and limit the range of IP address the DHCP server can provide in order to avoid the conflict of the IP address assignment.
For example, can I ask the DHCP returns me an unused IP address starting from a specific IP address range?
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By skrall in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:15 AM
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By bertocci in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By wooac in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00