-
I got started only 3weeks ago with an OLD Knoppix 3.6 also--from a friend of a friend. Meanwhile I ordered & just received the newest Knoppix 4.0.2 CD, and have had nothing but problems with the NEW version, especially printing/crashes galore (almost like being back in Windows!), so I'm back to using the OLD Knoppix
Will getting the 5.0 DVD fix bugs/probs with 4.0.2? I primarily bought new version for the HD Install option--which was supposed to be an EZ menu option in this distr but is NOT 2B found! Do I install with the OLD 3.6 instead? Will HD install work on 3350M HD/part? Guess I'd better wait before buying the 5.0 DVD? (In case its bugs are worse).
Anyway...LSS (log story short)...I'll post it in a new topic, since I need some guru-mentor-expert help
BTW, I figure the learning curve going from Win98se to XP is about the same as going to Linux, from a single-user POV especially (not a network comfy chickadee, when it's JUST ME here, ya know?). I'm desperate enough that I'm ordering about 6 diff distribs from MadTux right now, to find one that works the best--intuitive, EZ install to HD & EZ setup/customizing without having to learn another NEW code language first! Welcome all experienced Knop/Linux users' feedback & suggestions on all the above. Now please follow to MY topic, Using Linux to Restore XP & setup a dula-boot system...
Later,
Similar Threads
-
By blokk.m in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-01-2009, 03:17 AM
-
By skitzojase in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2006, 07:56 AM
-
By Jakykong in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple IIe Computer Model A2S2064 Main Unit - For Parts / Repair - AS IS
$99.00

Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad
$199.99

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands
$249.95

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD
$299.99

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras
$149.99

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$292.92

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99