-
Cloop.ko...invalid module format
I've remastered my Knoppix 4.0.2 without problems, but now I'm working on putting in my own custom kernel. I've gotten the sources for kernel 2.6.15 and compiled it fine. I've also compiled cloop 2.0.2 and unionfs 1.1.3. Modinfo shows the version on both cloop.ko and unionfs.ko to match the 2.6.15 kernel. I've been able to fix any problems so far with the amazing HOWTOs that I've found here. Also, I changed my minirt.gz from initRD to initRAMFS.
The problem I'm having now is when I go to boot the cd with qemu. It starts ok, but when it get to accessing the KNOPPIX cd, I get an "insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." Can anyone help me with this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Cloop.ko...invalid module format

Originally Posted by
chowdah45416
The problem I'm having now is when I go to boot the cd with qemu. It starts ok, but when it get to accessing the KNOPPIX cd, I get an "insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." Can anyone help me with this?
This seems to be cloop module problem. Are you sure you copied cloop.ko from /lib/modules/kernel_version/extra to /modules inside minirt.gz? What Knoppix version are you using? Have you changed cloop.o to cloop.ko in linuxrc or renamed cloop.ko to cloop.o? I think old cloop.o format (2.4 kernel way) was used in Knoppix 4.0.2 and new module format (2.6 kernel) was renamed to it.
-tapsa-
-
Hey, thanks. I already solved my problem though. At first I had forgot to make linux symlink in the minirt.gz file, but then I got an unkown symbol error with cloop. To solve this, I add a -O2 option inside the makefile for cloop.
-

Originally Posted by
chowdah45416
Hey, thanks. I already solved my problem though. At first I had forgot to make linux symlink in the minirt.gz file, but then I got an unkown symbol error with cloop. To solve this, I add a -O2 option inside the makefile for cloop.
Hi chowdah45416,
I got exactly the same problems as yours.
Would you please show step by step how did you overcome it?
Really appreciate.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I know this is from 2006 but ...
Trying to replace kernel in re-master enviroment and am getting the same probem.
Any help appreciated.
-
cloop disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
Hi all
I am having a difficulty to pxe boot a KNOPPIX from Solaris grub.
I downloaded knoppix 6.2 and configured all , the client machine try to pxe boot but goes to shell with the following error:
14 914951 cloop disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
insmod: error inserting '/mnt-system/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." : Exec format error
couldnot mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
#
Any help appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Mook in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 03:46 AM
-
By wsun013 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:15 PM
-
By Parcye in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 02:08 AM
-
By Myrdhin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
-
By Yorsh in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99