you cannot mount loopback fs's from a ramdisk. copy it to a real partition then try to mount it.
I was unable to mount the iso image via loop device
example
dd if=/dev/zero of=/ramdisk/test.iso bs=1024k count-20
mke2fs -b 2048 /ramdisk/test.iso
(press y for continue)
mkdir /test
mount -o loop /tmp/test.iso /test
(it gives error as ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD invalid argument)
so please advice me is there any other way to mount the iso file
you cannot mount loopback fs's from a ramdisk. copy it to a real partition then try to mount it.
So how is it possible that the kernel on the knoppix CD can do it from tmpfs (/ramdisk).Originally Posted by eadz
It does a loopback mount when it creates the image for the terminal-server on line 230 in /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver
When I use my own kernel it doesn't work, so anyone an idea what other patches knoppix uses to make this work?
I sorted out this problem, when you copy the iso image to /ramdisk it doesn't work and it will work if you copy the iso image to /, but yiu need to rebuild the initrd.gz with more space
FYI
I've found the solution .. knoppix uses loop-aes which seems to work on tmpfs
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/sourc..._1.6i-1.tar.gz
I've used that module and now I can loopback mount images![]()

ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY
$359.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95