2. You should read this first:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
it will make things a bit clearer.
1. You could put the script in one of the rc.* directiories.
hi guys... i'm very new in linux. know nuts abt it and don't even know where to begin with until i found out abt the wonderful knoppix.
So easy to use, without the need to have deep understanding on how linux work. But it gets quite complex when i try to understand how knowppix executes.
Hope by posting my queries here, I can get an understanding on how i can do my stuffs on knoppix.
1. I would like to build a mp3 server-box. To auto execute the playlist each time i pop in the CD into my computer. I guess i can do it via some script ?? But the question is, how can i do it ?
2. The knoppix file system is in COMPRESSED into a 700Mb file. How can I update the startup script if EVERYTHING is already compressed into 1 file ? Can I disect it and make the changes ?
i hope to get some replies. thankQ.
2. You should read this first:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
it will make things a bit clearer.
1. You could put the script in one of the rc.* directiories.
thanks for your prompt reply... yes i've read it... I'm still a little bit lost.
I understand that I can put the file in the RC-directory. But you can only see those directory when you boot into knoppix right ?
These RC-directories are compressed and it's directory structure is strored in the knoppix file(700Mb).
Question is, how can i edit the RC-Directory and then remaster it ?
hi Ghandalfar,
quick question. I would like to play the xmms program for the mp3 music.
How can i edit the RC so that it can auto-execute ?
hmm..
read the instructions on the above page how to extract cloop compressed ISO..
the step when you are chrooted.. there you can put files in rc.* but I'd recommend something else to you..
if you won't remove KDE you can put symlink to xmms in /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart/
it will start up on boot. If the playlist is always the same you could create simple script like this
----
#!/bin/sh
xmms -p /path/to/playlis.m3u
---
and put in the above directory.
thankQ. I'll give it a try...

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00