-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
chmac
I haven't actually checked the size of the disks, and I don't have another one to hand. However, the burn pass went fine, I'm assuming if there wasn't space on the disk it would have failed during the burn pass.
Actually, without overburn enabled it should refuse to even burn at all if it is a media size issue. Yes, it is a mystery. My guesses as to what it will end up being, in order of most to least likely, are
- 1 Media related
2 A burner issue, such as a dirty lense (or just a bad unit, since you say it is new).
3 Something nasty that has infected your Windows system
4 As a last desperate guess I would say something USB2 related. I don't really believe that, but I don't think USB should be used for burning media either. And you say it is a USB2 drive - you do have it on a USE2 interface and not an old USB 1.1 interface, right?
I'm really at a loss to understand the overwriting failed error message; I've burnt lots of CDs and DVDs with Nero 6, have made more than my fair share of coasters and had read errors during the verification pass many times, but I've never seen a overwriting failed error.
Similar Threads
-
By wp51dos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2009, 08:55 PM
-
By ThePotato in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
-
By russtproof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
-
By chefakito in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By chrish in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99